THOUSANDS OF PATIENTS HAVE EXPERIENCED THE BENEFITS OF THE PILLAR® PROCEDURE for snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). You can hear from actual patients about what symptoms convinced them to try the Pillar Procedure, their experience with the Pillar Procedure itself, and the results they experienced in their effort to stop snoring.
See how the Pillar Procedure helped actual patients. Watch the video.
PATIENTS TALK ABOUT SYMPTOMS
Perry Myers, Evanston, IL
“I was tired quite often, and I used to respond to that either with coffee or vitamins. I was always looking for something to give me an energy burst.
“If I’m going somewhere with a 2- or 3-hour flight, it’s a great time to take a nap for me, and so I warn people who are next to me [on the airplane], and I say, ‘Listen, if I’m snoring, you have permission to nudge me and wake me up. I don’t want you to have to live through this.’ “
PATIENTS TALK ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE
Mike Wolf, Maplewood, MN
“I chose the Pillar Procedure because it seemed a lot less invasive. It was a one-time procedure that was done in the doctor’s office. I was there for 5, 10 minutes, maybe. And then back on the road again. Quick, easy.
“I don’t really notice it at all. It’s up there; it’s firmed up my palate. I’m sleeping better at night. I’m getting better rest than I’ve had in years.”
PATIENTS TALK ABOUT THEIR RESULTS
Dan and Pam Starkey, Minneapolis, MN
“We just had this procedure, the Pillar Procedure, and I think that’s going to maybe fix it. We’ve been very happy with how it’s worked out. It’s relatively painless. I certainly don’t feel it right now, at all. And it’s had a great effect on everything.”
- Friedman M, Schalch P, Lin HC, Kakodkar KA, Joseph NJ, Mazloom N. Palatal implants for the Treatment of Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome. Otolaryngology-HNS 2008; 138: 209-216.
- Maurer JT, Verse T, Stuck BA, Hörmann K, Hein G. Long-term results of the Pillar Palatal Implant System for primary snoring. Otolaryngology-HNS 2005 Oct; 133(4):573-8.
- Choi JH, Kim SN, Cho JH. Efficacy of the Pillar implant in the treatment of snoring and mild-to-moderate obstructive sllep apnea: a meta-analysis. Otolaryngology-HNS 2013 Jan; 123(1):269-76.
- Li-Ang Lee, Jen-Fang Yu, Yu-Lun Lo, Ning-Hung Chen, Tuan-Jen Fang, Chung-Guei Huang, Wen-Nuan Cheng, Hsueh-Yu Li. Comparative Effects of Snoring Sound between Two Minimally Invasive Surgeries in The treatment of Snoring: A Randomized Controlled Trial. PLOS One 2014 May; 10.1371/journal.pone.0097186
- Friedman M, Lin HC, Gurpinar B, Joseph NJ. Minimally invasive single-stage multilevel treatment for obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome. Laryngoscope. 2007 Oct; 117(10): 1859-63.
- Kursat Ceylan, Hatice Emir, Zeynep Kizilkaya, Eren Tastan, Ahmet Yavanoglu, Hakki Uzunkulaoglu, Erdal Samin, Sevim Arslan Felek. First-Choice Treatment in Mild to Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea: Single-Stage, Multilevel, Temperature-Controlled Radiofrequency Tissue Volume Reduction or Nasal Continuous Positive Airway Pressure FREE. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009;135(9):915-919. doi:10.1001/archoto.2009.117.
- Sage Journals. Popular Snore Aids: Do They Work? Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg June 2004 vol. 130 no. 6 649-658
The testimonials provided in this piece are the opinion of the individual quoted and may not necessarily be representative of all users of the Pillar Procedure. Results may vary by individual.